Maribyrnong City Council are inviting Primary and Secondary school students within the municipality to design a work of art that can function as a place to park their bike.
The winning designs will be installed within the City of Maribyrnong plus there are over $1,700 worth of prizes.
There are two major prizes to be won – one for Primary students and one for Secondary students – which consist of:
- A brand new bike and bike accessory pack from Ted’s Cycles in Footscray and
- A $250 voucher courtesy of Highpoint Shopping Centre
The Runner up in each category will also win a $250 Highpoint voucher.
Designs will be assessed on originality, aesthetic appeal, functionality as a bike rack and connection to Maribyrnong by a panel of expert judges including:
- A member of Victoria University’s ‘Skunk Control’
- Joyce Watts, owner of CycleStyle.com.au
- A representative from Ted’s Cycles, Footscray
- A member of Maribyrnong City Council’s City Design team
The competition is open to primary and secondary students (from Prep to Year 12) living or studying within the City of Maribyrnong.
Students may enter online or fill out the official promotional flyer, located at select cafes, shops and libraries around the City and send in by mail or deliver in person to Council.
The competition opened on Tuesday 26 April and runs until 5pm Friday 10 June.
Click here for full Competition Terms & Conditions and Privacy Collection Statement.