Explore, express and celebrate everything bike with Australia’s newest and biggest bike art event – Bike Art Adelaide.
The program of art events runs from 9 to 29 January 2012 to coincide with the Santos Tour Down Under and 4th annual Australian Cycling Conference.
CycleStyle is involved in [Retro] squared: unreal clothes for real cyclists. This is a a fashion exhibition with a (visible) difference where you can view fashion and vintage-style knitwear made using retro-reflective ‘yarn’, such as our Disco-bright Reflective Legwarmers and Jenny Reflective Cycling Cape.
[Retro] squared is at the Royal Institute of Australia, Science Exchange building, Exchange Place from 9-19 January.
Other events to check out include:
- Street art at the Down Under Classic. Rymill Park (east end of Rundle Street). 15 January.
- “Bikes for Hire” sculpture and painting exhibition. Adelaide Airport Terminal. 9-29 January.
- Yarn-bombing and art in shops. Various venues, the East End (around Rundle Street). 9-29 January.
- CBD gallery exhibitions. Various venues. 9-29 January.
- Partner event: “Bespoke” at Prospect Gallery. City of Prospect. December 2011-January 2012.
For more information check out http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/bike-art-adelaide